This 3* rated Guest lodge is a renovated investment property for an astute buyer that wants to invest in the fast developing Cradle of Humankind / Lanseria Tourist area.
The lodge is situated on 2,5 hectares in a lush garden with large trees and lawns.
The property is quite unique as it is a real hide-away in the country side but still only 30 minutes drive from the main cities in Gauteng – Sandton, Pretoria and Johannesburg. The Lanseria International Airport is only 10 minutes drive away. It is adjacent to the Cradle of Humankind, a world heritage site and the only tourism area in Gauteng.
COUNTRY LODGE CONSISTS OF:
- Main house – double storey with thatch roof – consisting of 4 bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms, two kitchens, lounge, dining room, bar, scullery, small library and 2 verandas
- 2 Cottages with 3 bedrooms in total – all with en-suite bathrooms and fully equipped kitchen
- 4 Garden rooms – all with en-suite bathrooms and small kitchen
- 4 Garden suites – all with en-suite bathrooms, lounge and small kitchen
- All of the above units (2 cottages and 8 garden rooms – 11 bedrooms in total) come standard with fully equipped kitchen, bar fridge, microwave, stove, coffee/tea facility, TV with open view, safe, fan, panel heater, cutlery & crockery, bedlinen & towels, private garden
- For owners / staff / long term rental houses – 2 double storey thatched houses and 2 cottages, each with private garden – in total 9 bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom, kitchen, lounge/dining room
- Large Conference/function/wedding/recreation hall with veranda
- Open air African boma with braai area and thatched bar with outside kitchen
- Large thatched restaurant adjacent to the boma
- Large kitchen with gas stove and a separate laundry
- Ablution block with showers for day visitors
- Staff accommodation (5 rooms) and staff ablution block
- Secure parking behind high walls – 8 carports and numerous parking bays – electric fence surrounds the property
- Swimming pool and thatched lapa with bar and serving station, reception room
- Numerous outbuildings and storerooms
- Consent use on the property to run a guesthouse, restaurant, conferences and recreation centre
- Member of Fedhasa
- 3-phase electricity direct from Eskom
- 3 Bore holes – One borehole: 63m depth / water level 23.3m / 13 745 litres per hour – also access to municipal waterline if needed in future.
- Sale includes all furniture for guest house – Fully equipped 13 bedrooms and crockery/furniture for conferences/functions for up to 50 people (inventory list will be supplied)
- Adjacent to the Cradle of Humankind (only tourism area in Gauteng), 10 minutes from Lanseria International airport and 40 minutes from JHB, PTA, Randburg and Sandton, 9km from Cradlestone Mall. Close to the Lion Park.
The current owners have only run the lodge on a part-time basis for conferences and training, as well as 4 long-term rentals behind the lodge. The Long-term rental income brings in between R30 000 to R35 000 per month, which ensures a fixed income for overhead expenses. The lodge has enormous potential for the buyer that wants to utilise the existing facilities to its full potential. Small conferences is ideal for an extra income. The income for a 5 day / 24-hour conference package (for 22 delegates) is approximately R150 000-00.
The lodge lay-out is such that it can be used for different business options.
It can be used as:
* A guest lodge, as it is a registered as a country house and conference centre, with a full hotel liquor license and consent use for conferences, guest house, recreation and restaurant
* A lodge with accommodation for different families – there are 3 double storey houses and two smaller houses. This can also be used for full time rentals, apart from the guest house with its 15 rooms (this includes the main house).
* A company head office, which can also be used for accommodation for overseas visitors or clients
* Company training centre
* Conference venue
* Rehabilitation Centre
* Retirement Village
* Step-down centre
* Wedding venue
* Training centre for schools
* Long-term accommodation in 24 rooms
Selling Price – Bargain at R8 million including Property, all furnishings and equipment. You are basically getting the Guest Lodge and Liquor Licence for FREE!
Extra Opportunity – Buy the adjoining 2ha stand with a Brand new 4 bedroom all en-suite house for an extra R2,4m.
Further opportunity to buy another 2 adjoining 2ha undeveloped stands for only R850 000 each.
For more info contact Greig – 063 364 1780 or email email@example.com