The quaint Little Karoo village of De Rust lies at the southern portal of the famous Meiringspoort (canyon), at the foot of the Swartberg mountains, about 35 km from Oudtshoorn. Considered to be the gateway between the Klein Karoo and the Great Karoo, De Rust has a typical Karoo atmosphere steeped in history, hospitality and time—time for well-being and time for community. This slow pace of life and clean fresh air has an appeal to those who seldom have time to quiet their minds. Like most towns in the region, it is ostrich country, while the tranquil tree-lined village boasts excellent examples of late 19th century architecture.
De Rust is the perfect base for an activity-filled holiday, from climbing and mountain biking in the Kamanassie, to exploring the Cango Caves, Meiringspoort or Seweweekspoort, to visiting Gamkaskloof (also known as “Die Hel” or “The Hell”) and Prince Albert via the Swartberg Pass. Visit an ostrich farm or take a wine-route excursion to spoil your taste buds with some of the country’s finest cuisine, or go fossil-hunting on the endless plains of the Great Karoo. Return to De Rust to rest and relax and soak up the beauty of the mountains.
The highly rated Lodge is situated on 2700m2 of land and consists of:
- 8 fully equipped self-catering chalets (each sleeps 4 guests.)
- 6 sleeper fully equipped apartment
- 2 x bed and breakfast guest rooms
- Salt-chlorinated swimming pool
- Airconditioned rooms, TV’s with Satellite
- Walking distance to Restaurants, shops and supermarket
- Advertised on Bookings.com, Travelground, Nightsbridge, Agoda, Tripadvisor + more.
- Has received many awards and accolades from Travel/Tourism bodies, as well as on Tripadvisor.
This is a bargain at the asking Price of R4,8m!
For more info call Greig on 063 364 1780 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business with Property